Air conditioning units need regular maintenance to keep working properly. The best way to prevent breakdowns is by scheduling routine service calls for your system.
Is There A Problem with the Unit?
If you notice any of these symptoms, it’s time to schedule a visit with a professional technician.
1) Noisy fan
2) Unusual smells
3) Warm air coming out of vents
4) Water leaking into the unit
5) Dirty filters
6) Dusty coils
7) Mold growth
8) Low refrigerant levels
9) Leaking condenser
Are You Getting Cold Air?
A dirty filter will cause your system to work harder than necessary. This means more energy consumption and higher utility bills. It also reduces the efficiency of your air conditioning unit.
Do You Need to Replace the Filter?
If you notice any of these symptoms, it’s time to replace the filter.
1) Dirty filters are usually yellowish brown or black.
2) Filters clog easily.
3) There is excessive noise coming from the fan.
4) The compressor runs constantly.
5) The temperature inside the home is too high.
6) The humidity level is too low.
7) The thermostat is set at a lower temperature than normal.
8) The air flow is reduced.
9) The air quality is poor.
10) The air feels stale.
Is the thermostat set correctly?
You can check the settings by looking at the display on the front of the thermostat. It will show the current temperature setting, the last temperature reading, and the date/time the reading was taken.